Sunday, October 16, 2011

More pics (DER)

Alright, we'll see how this goes. I hate trying to write around photos in blogger... Oh yeah, I said it! Oh the little boy was trying to teach Lily how to fish.. in a rain barrel. :) Too cute. He was a little pistol. There were a few of us posted around the kettle keeping him from getting burned. whew













It was the most beautiful day. And I tried to capture that. I really, really did. Except for the wild creature in the lower corner. He kind of fits after all. :) He's related to Stacy and after a few years and a lot of medical treatments, his cancer is finally in remission. Seems wrong to be saying that about a 6 year old. I mean, I'm glad he's better! But he shouldn't have been so sick in the first place. Not fair.












The kettle! Where the magic happens. The guys had to keep it stirred constantly, for HOURS. And that, whatever it is, looks heavy. I declined my chance to stir. I honestly could picture myself knocking the whole thing over.















So Lily had her last ice skating class and complained the whole time that I was taking her boots off and getting her changed that she was starving hungry and needed food. She dragged me to the farmer's market and what did she eat? NOTHING She got her face painted instead. I swear. Did she ask me? Oh no, she just sat right down and told the girl what she wanted. She was VERY clear. It was hilarious. Little stinker.











Ahhh the finished product. I think we had almost 20 gallons of apple butter? mmmm I had some for breakfast. Haven't found a penny yet. I'm not sure why, but you have to throw pennies in it to keep it from sticking to the pot? Copper pot. It was fun. It was a beautiful day with a lot of fun people. :)

No comments: