Saturday, October 15, 2011

argh

I know I dropped the ball for a few days. Sorry! It's been a crazy week. It's Lily's 5th birthday next week, so I've been practicing making her cupcakes for school. The teachers are going to let me bring in cupcakes to share with her classmates. I waited too late to plan a party. Again. Sigh. Did I mention this already? I'm so tired.

Anyway, we tried out the new medication for Madi. It worked the first night. She did sleep through the night. The second night, I had trouble splitting the pill and then I mixed it at the bottom of the bowl of yogurt instead of the top and I'm not sure she got it all. She did NOT sleep through the night last night. Oi vey.

So I think I got my act together for tonight. Here's hoping, or my butt will be dealing with her. Sigh.

Lily had her last skating class today. She is getting better but she's not quite ready for the next class. We'll put her in the same class level again and if she gets better she'll be bumped up. Sounds good. :) I really need to skate with her. I wonder if I should take the painkillers before or afterwards? Her teacher assured me it would all come back to me. Color me skeptical. I used to skate a lot! Every Sunday for a couple of hours and then rush home to watch Tarzan. How many of you remember those days??? :)

What else... Lily and I went to Stacy's house to help make apple butter. It's quite a production! Fire pit, huge copper kettle. I know it was a lot to do but I hope they do it again! Soonish. I'm definitely having biscuits and apple butter for breakfast. :) Pedro was kind of a sour puss and said that I'd have to deal with Lily when she got bored. Psha, I say. I knew Stacy's cousins' kids were going to be there. I had to drag her out of a mud puddle/pond so we could go home if that's any indication of how her day went. :) Huge property, lots of kids... She had a great day. :)

I, however, am about to drop. I had to prepare for today, last night. Got a chili in the slow cooker at 8am. That kind of stuff. omgosh. I hope I have a good sleep tonight. :)

Next week: Lily's birthday, and Madi's first field trip to a farm. (If it's not rained out) Whee doggies!

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Yay applebutter!!!!