Thursday, April 2, 2009

The Untouchable

Well, that's how it feels. I hate going out in public because people give me looks of pity and disgust. blah My rash is getting worse. I hope that means this means that things are moving along? I just told Pedro that shingles can last 3 to 5 weeks. Sigh. I have two tests this month. I'm unable to study or prepare for either because I'm in a fair bit of pain and misery. I'm thinking of calling up the testing center and putting the one test off until fall. My practical is on the 20th and there's no guarantee I'll be feeling up to it.

I'll wait and see how I feel on Monday. Maybe the drugs will have worked some magic over the weekend. ?

Pedro stayed home today and watched Lily so I could get some rest. And rest I did. I didn't care how much yelling or crashing sounds that I heard, I stayed in bed. He's going to work tomorrow so this was my one chance to try and heal. I'm glad I got a pain prescription because it makes the pain tolerable. And it was NOT an easy decision but I have a two year old to watch and I can't stand light or noise. Lily makes a lot of noise.

Anyhoo, I know I had other points to make. I see the eye doctor tomorrow and maybe I'll get some eye drops *claps with glee* It hurts to move my eye so when Pedro picks on me (which he does a lot) I have to close my eyes, line my face up with him and then open and glare. He has figured this out so while I'm trying to line up the shot, as it were, he moves and I get to glare at open space.

Also, I wanted to mention that I know other people have worse problems than I do, at the moment. I keep that in mind as I cry on the toilet. But I have a lot on my plate. Seven months pregnant, trying to prepare for licensing and caring for a two year old. It's been a lot to try and cope with. But that's life, right? We do the best we can.

No comments: