Sunday, April 12, 2009

Birthday Easter

Well, almost. I was born on Easter Sunday, you know. I'm not really sure what that says about me. Especially, since I had two friends in school with the exact same birthday as me. I'm sure there might be a few more of you out there too. Anyway, my birthday was the day before Easter this year. And I think we all had fun. Well, not so much Lily, since she threw up at the restaurant but I think she tried to fit too much into her belly.

Lily helped grandma make us a birthday cake. She did a pretty good job too until it came time to frost the cake. Then it turned into more of a how much frosting can Lily fit into her mouth at one time, scenario. I'm just so blown away at how grown up she seems now. Really. Not that she can make a cake on her own but what she wants to do and what she can do. I think of the little (huge) infant that I lugged around for a year and I'm just amazed that she seems so... grown.

This evening we went grocery shopping at Whole Foods. For the first time ever, Miss Lily was allowed out of the grocery cart AND no one carried her. I usually do the shopping alone and I don't have the physical or mental abilities to watch her and remember what to buy. Anyway, daddy was along for the ride so he put her to work. They'd disappear down a different aisle and he'd give her something to bring back to the cart so I (and the rest of the store) would hear, MA-MA, until she found me. But she loved it. As a reward for being such a good shopper, she got to pick her own dessert. Being a two year old, she tried to pick them all.

Let's see. Grandma also gave her a baby doll which talks and opens and closes its mouth and eyes. It weirds me out a little but I'm probably showing my age. Anyway, Lily loves this baby. She "feeds" it and pushes it around in its stroller. It's brought something out in her. I caught her practicing saying hello in the mirror today. Do you know what I mean? I guess she's figuring out her effect on the world.

I do have a couple of easter pictures but they can wait until tomorrow. :)

No comments: