Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Sweet Honey Iced Tea *

So this train wreck continues to get better. I do not have allergies, at least my main concerns are not caused by allergies. I have.... Shingles. Yeah, yay. I wondered why all the pain was on one side of my face and seemed to follow a path. The path is also growing little red rashy clusters. Seriously, I'm miserable.

The best part? It's in my eye. So I have to go and see an eye doctor on Friday. My doctor was quick to say that she's never seen anyone have real problems with their eyes but she was also quick to say that shingles is very painful. She kept on saying that. Until I pointed out to her how much she was repeating herself. It's one thing to feel pain and be miserable and another to sit there and have someone else point it out. Repeatedly.

The next best part? Well, it's a toss up really. The prescription was $246. Yeah, ouch. Also, the crusty rashy bits can leave scars. Did I mention this is all happening on the tip of my nose? And up into my right eye? Sigh. Trust me, I'm all about lasering this crap off if I get scars. I do have three little holes in the skin on my nose. Hey, I didn't know what it was and I thought it was going to be a huge zit! Sigh.

I know, I know, some of you are wondering about Lily. The doctor said she's fine because she's had her chicken pox vaccine. And #2 should be fine because we have time to treat the disease. I hope the Valtrex gives me relief quickly. It's safe for use while pregnant and my doctor called the Ob/gyn to double check. So, you know. We've covered all the bases.

Anyhoo, let me try and get Lily to nap. I have been stressed out and I haven't been getting sleep so that nasty old chicken pox virus decided to come out of retirement and pay a visit. Lucky, lucky me.


* I'll let you figure out what the capital letters stand for, on your own

UPDATE: I couldn't figure out why Valtrex sounded so familiar. It's a treatment for Herpes. I get to feel even more special now.

4 comments:

BigAssBelle said...

Oh no!!! I am SO sorry. I had shingles on my forehead about 10 years ago. Thought it was a spider bite, hurt and itched like the dickens. It left without a scr, though. I hope yours does too. Poor baby. Feel better. Take those pills. They really worked for me. Booo, so sorry for you :(

LzyMom said...

Thanks, Lynette, I'm feeling worse again today. So I'm not holding out much hope for the Valtrex. I'm sure it needs a few days to work. But a small pain prescription wouldn't be remiss either... I read that some people take morphine for this!

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better soon. g-ma

stacy said...

That sounds so miserable. :( I'm sorry. Did they cover shingles in your class? It's so ironic, the one who has skincare knowledge is the one who ends up with shingles!