Sunday, April 5, 2009

Park!

It was a gorgeous day today in VA. Do I get points for rhyming? We spent an hour at the park with Lily. I was slathered in sunscreen and wearing a hat and sunglasses. I wasn't the only one.

My "sores" all so itchy now. Good sign, right? The only real lingering (malingering) problem is my eye. It just hurts. Specifically, my eyeball. Now, I know the doctor said that it looks good so I figure it's the nerve still freaking out from the virus. Sigh. I just hope that I don't get that post herpetic neuralgia thing. Excruciating pain that can last for years.... gah!

I really, really need to get studying for my tests. All of that was put on hold while I was in so much pain. I'm all about just getting through. Usually, I'm all uptight about getting the best score I can but in the circumstances.... Anyway, this is my favorite picture of the day and I hope that Pedro doesn't get mad. It's so rare to see him having fun. Bear in mind that we were at a packed park. :)

2 comments:

BigAssBelle said...

beautiful baby ! glad to read that you're better. i don't have any lasting pain from my 2 bouts of shingles. hope you escape too.

LzyMom said...

Two bouts?! I'm living under the assumption that you can only get them once!

And thanks, I am feeling better. :)