Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Sick (still? again?)

Lily and I both seem a little under the weather today. I felt pretty good last week but I think one of the rug rats gave me a cold on Friday. It's kind of a bad time of year to not feel well - I have a lot of things to do. My Christmas cards are still sitting here looking at me. I got some presents in yesterday which need to be packaged and mailed. And me? Sitting here in my pajamas wishing Lily knew how to make me a cup of tea.

Lily has been talking more and more, and by that I mean she's making more sense. She says things like "Riley, where'd he go?" Or, "what do you want to do, mama?" Something I ask her all the time. Mommy's answer is easy: sleep. :) The funniest was when she introduced her Winnie the Pooh to her Christmas ornaments. All of them are named Baby so the conversation went something like "Baby, this is Baby mine". It went on for a few minutes in that vein. :) I'm hoping that because she has more reasoning skills that she might be convinced to start using the potty. No breath holding going on over here.

1 comment:

M'Lou said...

I guess I was really lucky with Esther. Grandma told me that she had your mom trained at nine months and I was a month or so older but still under a year - Don was the problem apparently. hehe
I don't think she had us trained as much as she had herself trained as to when to get us on the pot. I wasn't going to even start with Esther until she was two but she did it herself at 19 months. Just out of the blue, she said no more diapers and that was that.

So good luck with it. It will come eventually when she decides it is worth the effort.