Thursday, December 25, 2008

It's Christmas!

I've had a lovely low-key Christmas with Pedro, Lily and g-ma. Gosh, I'm really tired now and neither my brain or my fingers want to work. :P Oh for the love of turkey! I watched this old SNL video and all I can think of in my head is "I wish it was Christmas today". Thanks Betsey Booms. argh Anyway, someone very sweet sent me a beautiful Christmas centerpiece. I was very touched. It's gorgeous. :) I hope the cats aren't eating all of the flowers off of it. HMPF At this point the baked ham was still in the oven. Apparently, my dollar store meat thermometer was right.

Lily got a lot of presents today. She especially loved the baking set and dvd player. There is a little red and white checked apron in the baking set. I caught her wearing it. I don't know how she figured out how to put it on or even why she'd want to put it on. Maybe she saw the picture? Anyway, she puts it on to "cook" now. It's too funny. Sometimes I look at her and wonder where the toddler went. She just doesn't seem 2. She obviously has great role models. :P I almost typed "roll models". I think I need to lay off the pecan pie.

Hopefully, tomorrow we can get out and do some shopping. I may let Pedro get a flat screen tv. But he'll have to promise to get rid of the old one, post haste. I just had to look up post haste, cuz I thought, what the heck does that mean, anyway? Merriam Webster deemed me archaic: it means with great haste. That's what I get for having had older geeky parents. :P Well, I think I'm done. I wanted to get some pics up for g-pa, who's working. Lily got Horton Hears a Who, Party Edition. Beat that suckers!

No comments: