Saturday, December 6, 2008

Lost

Alright, I'm just trying to be dramatic. I honestly do not know what to do with myself. I'm so used to having Lily around that I am a very confused mommy at the moment (although well fed - yay bagels!). Pedro and Lily went down to g-ma and g-pa's house. Apparently, they're having some fun. :) Pedro got his Christmas present early. A 5-ton log splitter? I wasn't sure I heard him right. But I heard the glee in his voice and some machinery sounding thing in the background. I'm so glad I made him wait to buy one.

My day "off" was kind of lame. Maybe if I wasn't pregnant I could've had some wine and relaxed but as it was I felt like I was dying, I was so tired, and so had a nap, of sorts. The cats are also confused by the lack of toddler but not so much that they didn't come and werfle on me while I was trying to sleep. You know, "could've" is underlined as a mistake but "werfle" isn't. Really spellcheck??

Stacy and I went to check out this place that does Christmas lights every year. They also have live bands (Bluegrass) and food. I was also hustled into buying some apple butter. LOOK if you're like me and have an apple butter "thing" then you know that the store bought stuff is just not that great. So when you see a kettle over a bonfire with apple butter being cooked up and some smooth talking dude comes along, you might just buy 3 quarts of apple butter. That's all I'm saying. I gave one to Stacy. So hmpf. I also pretty much demanded a piece of sweet potato pie from her when we got back. I love being pregnant. FEED ME!

Photos by Stacy. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad the Christmas lights outing broke up the day for you! :) Got you outside in the snow a little at least. We're having the applebutter this morning!! I'll let you know what the 'experts' say.... :) Thanks! (stacy)

Anonymous said...

OK the experts say...a little sweet, no cinnamon, it's got cloves in it, a little runny but better than store bought. :-D See that's what I said last night! I know a little somethin' about a little somethin'. LMAO. They said it wasn't bad at all! We're going to make our own one of these years, they were talking about it agian but dad said you have to help stir!!!!!! LOL Oh yeah Stacy again.

LzyMom said...

I liked it, although it was a little sweeter than normal. Still better than the stuff you buy at the store!!

Thanks again for getting me out of the house to have some fun. :)

M'Lou said...

I am glad you are able to get out and have a little fun on your own sometimes. We miss the little beggars but gee it is nice to have a little away time too.