Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm a Survivor!

I made it through a 3 year old's birthday party! Mind you, Lily didn't fall asleep until almost 12:30 last night so she and I were both tired. But she did pretty well. I mostly collapsed on the sofa every few minutes. :) I also ate about 18 sausage rolls. I'm not sure what else to call them. They were lil smokies wrapped in crescent roll dough. OMG The dough was kind of sweet and the smokies were kind of salty.... This was me "Gosh these are so good, I'll just have one more". "Okay, I keep on eating these, I'll just have one more". "umm, I really need to move from here, I'll just take this one". Sigh I didn't eat lunch. :)

Lily was on the chair but that little boy pushed her out of the way. Not to worry, Lily snagged the seat beside the birthday girl. Then the there was a little battle to blow out the candle. Lily was second to try but she only moved the hair on her forehead. :) Then things were moving too slowly for Miss Lily who started eating the icing. Sigh. Then someone gave her a fork. Do you know how hard it was to keep a 2 year old from cake when she has a utensil? When she was unsuccessful, Lily picked up a plate and slowly moved it in front of everyone else's to make sure she got the first slice. Myself and two other parents were cracking up. :) Although the little blond girl across the table from her looks like she can already taste the cake. SHE kills me. :)

Lily had some banana pudding while she waited for cake. I had some pudding too. It was the shizzle! I'm going to have to beg the hostess for the recipe. I usually don't like banana pudding but this was more of a whipped cream consistency but very rich and flavourful. *drool* I did have a good time. I was so tired that I was glad Lily was kept busy by the other kids cuz I was mostly flaked out on the overstuffed sofa. :) We went to bed after midnight and I was half asleep while she was still roaming around on the bed so I know her butt was tired when we got up this morning.

I don't know if I'm so overtired that I can't sleep. It took me forever to fall asleep this afternoon with Lily. I felt like I wasn't breathing and then I wasn't sure if I should breathe through my nose or my mouth and then I just couldn't get comfy. I finally fell asleep and then Pedro called. Talk about taking his life in his hands. All in all, today was pretty good. Lily and Pedro are going to grandma and grandpa's house tomorrow so I hope I will spend a lot of time at the Land of Nod before going out to look at Christmas lights with Stacy!

No comments: