Sunday, March 25, 2007

hypocrite

When I found out that I was having a baby girl I stated that I would not put my daughter in pink clothes. Here's the humbling reality:


Yes, there is the odd smattering of yellow or blue but it's pretty pink. I can't help it. I think I can blame all the people who say how cute she looks when she's all in pink. Her pink bikini is the schizzle. If there's one thing I learned about pregnancy and childbirth, it's lose your expectations. My pregnancy wasn't how I pictured, I was vehemently against an epidural. Until I was induced and had contractions every 20 seconds. You'd be surprised how fast you'll take a needle in the spine then. I can't recall everything now but there were so many things I was against or passionately for and now I couldn't give a dern.

This is Lily and her grandpa. She's starting to experience seperation anxiety. Yes, I spelled seperation the Canadian way. I spent most of my life getting it wrong there and now I spend the rest of my life getting it wrong here. Go me. Anyway, it took a day for Lily to accept that grandma and grandpa meant her no harm. Of course, that happened just before we left but at least we got some good pictures. Yes it's a hot pink sun hat but at least it will protect that beautiful skin of hers and she'll still be cute. Especially with that k-yute sundress we got for her. There's no redemption for me.

No comments: