Saturday, March 31, 2007

big girl


It's strange how quickly children grow up. Miss Lily is still a small child (relatively speaking) but her actions and reactions are becoming more and more adult. I can't leave her on the bed anymore when I'm not in the room. She can continually roll now and change direction. What happened to my little baby who used to lay in one spot like a warm lump? On the right she's in mid roll. I was singing to her this morning and she was trying to sing back. It makes me much more aware that I need to be careful of what I say and do to set a good example for her. Granted I'm human and I can't be perfect all the time. :)

Lily loves the camera and as you can see she doesn't mind getting her picture taken. I was listening to NPR this morning and it was all about car bombs in Iraq and the British soldiers captured in Iran. I know bad stuff happens in the world but it seems like no one celebrates the good stuff anymore. I guess in good news I could mention that Alec Baldwin was touched by the story of an 18 year old woman (I typed girl the first time!) going to fight in Iraq and privately contacted the family to help pay for her college tuition when she gets back. I thought the armed forces had programs in place for that but good for him for wanting to help. And, am I crazy, or is Alec Baldwin like way hotter now than he was 20 years ago??

No comments: