Friday, October 17, 2008

Spinach

Oh my gosh. I think I'm incubating Popeye. Yesterday I was craving creamed spinach but I goofed around all day and never got around to making it. Luckily I went to Whole Foods before class and they had curried spinach (palak paneer). SCORE! But I was craving it again today so I made my own creamed spinach. Who knew it was so easy??? Okay, I cut a lot of corners and made it my own dern way with lots of garlic and full fat milk. Then I had it on top of spinach fettucine. You know what I'm saying? I wonder if I'll have to ask Pedro to bring home more spinach for dinner....

This has been a much different pregnancy so far. I know, I'm in my 6th week, what do I know? With Lily, I couldn't stand to look at meat, now you can't keep me away from it. I know, every pregnancy is different. I still swear it's going to be Popeye. :P

Okay, my body just said no more spinach.......

UPDATE

Spinach is rich in a number of essential nutrients, including calcium, folate, iron, magnesium, vitamin C and vitamin A. Each of these nutrients plays a crucial role in our bodies health, from maintaining bone structure, preventing neural tube defects, assisting in red blood cell production, regulating our heartbeat, fighting free radicals and nourishing good eyesight.

Go me! (and baby Popeye)

No comments: