Saturday, October 11, 2008

Apple picking....

Yes, due to my creative title, you no doubt realize that we went apple picking. :) It was a beautiful day and I think everyone had a good time. It was a zoo at the apple orchard/mountain thing, but they seemed to be pretty organized so it went well. Grandpa got 16 pounds of apples. I'm not sure what he's going to do with all of them. :) We got some apple donuts and an apple pie, but after the buffet lunch we had, I'm not sure I want any (at least for a while). The buffet was at Michie Tavern and everything was delicious, as per usual. :) (except for my first piece of chicken - slackers!)

I wasn't sure that Lily was going to be into apple picking but she became our secret weapon. Pedro's tall and so with Lily on his shoulder (or sometimes he just boosted her up over his head) we got all the good apples nobody else could reach! ha ha shorties! She also came in handy for the short droopy trees. She took directions from daddy and got all the good apples that no one wanted to crawl in and get. So it was a pretty fun (fattening) day. Oh yeah and I ate two apples and didn't pay for them! MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Of course, there were a lot of apple cores on the ground so I know that I wasn't the only person.

I'm trying to think of what else is new. Lily and I have been skipping Musikgarten. It just seems like work and that sucks. You know? It should be a fun class to attend. I shouldn't be feeling dread knowing that I'm going to be running around after Lily and disrupting the class. Sigh. Maybe in the spring we'll try and get Lily in a gymnastics class. She's always climbing and contorting herself. Granted, does she really need to learn how to vault onto the kitchen counters????



Anyway, you all knew it was just a matter of time...

No comments: