Monday, September 22, 2008

Sore

I had a pretty good weekend so now I'm exhausted. Actually, events started Thursday. Thursday night was potluck and Rock Band. Friday night I visited with some friends and had some great Chinese food (whilst Lily wrecked the place and Pedro got some time to himself). Saturday night was Stacy's birthday and yesterday we went into the mountains and went horseback riding! I'm not too bad. We saw three bears. They were just little black ones. I'm glad that the horses didn't spook. :)

We couldn't have asked for a more gorgeous day yesterday. It's really started cooling down here. It was a brisk 72F in the house this morning! 74F is usually cool enough for me, thank you. I think I've FINALLY acclimated. I always want to say acclimatized but that just doesn't seem right. Oh gosh, I forgot to mention that my horses name was Lily! How funny was that? That's why she didn't get away with anything. ha! They warned me she'd try to eat grass, and she'd turn her head back to see if I was paying attention and then she'd try to sneak a bite. I wonder if all Lily's are alike???

I've had a good last few days but I'm ready to be a homebody for a while now. There's a wedding that Pedro and I are going to this weekend and then that's it. Pedro and I need to get the other bathroom fixed. There is this apple festival on the 18th of October which is Lily's birthday so..... Maybe we'll be ready for that. :) What about Lily? Well, what about her. ha! She's doing alright. No major developments. She does say please on occasion. And she called me mama this morning. I don't hear anything from the livingroom so I'd better go and check on her......

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! I had so much fun Saturday night and yesterday. :) I think horseback riding was more fun than the honey/yogurt facials! Hope we can do it again sometime! (Stacy)

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah and I'm still waiting to see your pics! ;-P (guess who???)

Anonymous said...

Oh and awww...you finally got your 'mama' from Lily. :) I know you've been waiting for that! OK that's my last post. I think I'm still befuddled/sleepy from that fresh mountain air!