Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Well then...

So Obama has a second term as POTUS.  Pedro wasn't impressed with my booty dance at 11:30pm last night when the election was called.  Mostly because he voted for the other guy. 

It's weird to me how elections have really devolved.  I remember my parents discussing politics when I was a kid and they were more concerned with taxes, budgets, etc.  There was little to no name calling.  You voted according to your interests. 

And I mentioned that this morning.  I get why some people vote Republican, I know business owners and people concerned about their taxes or the deficit.  But we have a special needs child who has a pre-existing condition and it could be difficult to insure her down the road.  And my kids are both in school, so education is important to me.  AND as a woman, I don't need anyone telling me what I can and cannot do with my body. 

Okay, now I touched a hot spot.  lol

My point is, people vote for their interests.  Why demonize each other for it?

Also, two of my friends, formerly Canadian, voted in the US election for the first time.  It's making me wonder if I should become a citizen...

No comments: