Wednesday, November 21, 2012

OMFG

I can't... I don't have the words.  This week just keeps kicking me repeatedly in the lady flower.

So I can't even remember Monday.  Good grief.  Oh yeah! I had an appointment in town and Pedro asked me to drop off something.  I assumed the office was downtown Cville but was actually in Ruckersville - a long long long drive.  I love driving an extra 80 miles, don't you? Tuesday, I went in for the crown procedure.  First they have to grind your tooth down, then do all the measurements to get the actual crown.  So yeah, I was there for over 2 hours.  It wasn't 2 hours of non-stop drilling, but it felt like it.  I don't know why I thought it wouldn't be a big deal since there wasn't a root canal too. 

I had a root canal on a tooth that I had a lot of problems with and I think grinding it down was the least of my worries.

Lily riding on her own.  Damn straight!
Anyway, I woke up after a short nap Tuesday afternoon, and holy shit I felt like I'd been hit in the head with a baseball bat.  I mean, it was bad.  And a friend reminded me that I felt it because I still had a nerve in that tooth.  Ding dang it.

So that was Tuesday.

Today, the gym childcare lady found a lice on Lily's head.  Sweet fancy Moses.  And we'd just signed up Pedro for a membership and we were both working out and chilling out and up comes the front desk lady.  We had to leave.  argh

I obviously got the treatment for Lily as soon as I could.  I've pulled fewer than a dozen adult lice off of her.  But a few dozen nits.  I just stopped using the nit comb.  My nails are thing but sharp and are easier to use to pull the eggs off of the hair strand.  *shudder* 

And you know, when I have a rough day, I'd like to kick back and order food but I couldn't do that.  Pedro and his dietary requirements.  So I pulled a crappy dinner together.  Poor guy eats more raw broccoli than anything else.  I just, well, I'm on my third glass of wine.  How about that?

I have washed all the sheets and towels and who knows what that Lily has been in contact with.  I do feel lucky that I think we caught it early.  She's not allowed out of her room.  We're trying to minimize the spread.

And I think I have this right:
Madi in her favorite chair.

The adults are the ones that crawl and we've treated her and I've combed them off of her head (pulled a dead one off an hour ago and that was all I could find) so I don't need to worry about lice crawling onto my pillow.  Yes, I have to sleep with her. 

The nits could take up to a week to hatch, but as long as I'm going through her hair and getting them off I don't need to worry about them so much.  They are glued on.  Shit fire what am I trying to say? 

Tonight was like lice Armageddon.  I don't have the energy to do this everyday.  I figure one fell swoop to make sure none of the other rooms are infected and then banish Lily to her room until it's over.  Also, Pedro reminded me that I'll need to clean my car.

Alright, I'm writing "sigh" but I said something else.

So diabetes, crown, lice.  If there a theme or something that I'm missing?

On the plus side, Madi has been listening more.  I mean, she's a honey badger and does what she wants but for example, I was making hamburgers last night and shaping them in my hands.  Madi wanders in the kitchen and grabs the sink sponge.  I know she's going to put it in her mouth so I yell at her (I was excited) "put it away, Madi, put it away!"  So she put it on top of the counter and pushed it til she couldn't push it any more.  :)

At least someone loves me. 

ANNNDDDD I just heard a cat throw up. 

My boy Shadow.



On that note, it's time to go to bed with Licey McGee.  Peace out and don't let the bedbugs bite.  *shudder*

No comments: