Sunday, November 18, 2012

196 or 198

I can't totally remember.  But the point is that Pedro's blood sugar is coming down.  Yes, it's still high but mid 190s is slightly better than low 500s.  We are butting heads a bit now.  I said I would help him and I have and will continue to, but how many times can you tell someone that they can eat tomatoes?  I've started snapping.  Part of it is being tired of answering the same question, but the other part is that he needs to learn to do this stuff on his own.  I didn't have a great sleep with Madi.  Actually, it was downright awful.  She kept me up half the night.  But I digress.  I will have little to no energy tonight when I make lunches.  So I could make a mistake.  Pedro needs to know what he can eat because I'm not infallible.

I know, I was shocked to find that out too.

I did get out last night to blow off some steam.  Met some ladies at the local mexican restaurant.  One poor mom hadn't been out of the house in a year and a half.  Obviously, she gets out to take care of her family but that was the first time without them.  :) 

So you know, this isn't all about me having fun.  I'm glad that other women can get out there and catch a breath too.  :)

Anyhoodle, I have a very long to do list for today and since Pedro is feeling better, he's cracking the whip more.  And don't think that the neighbors don't notice.  One of them came over to say hi and commented on my young kids and the fact that I'm the one she sees outside working when I can.  Oh yes she did!  *snap*  Hopefully, now that Pedro's feeling better he can do more.

The change really has been amazing.  And I think I finally understand where he's coming from when he says it's scary.  He had a skin condition that cleared up almost overnight.  His energy improved within days.  He looks and feels better.  But compare that to someone who gets a cancer diagnosis.  They are probably going to feel worse before they feel better.  It's weird to him that he has a disease he has to live with but he's doing better than before. 

Does that make sense?

Anyway, time to cut the grass.  *eyes*

No comments: