Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Day 3

... of school and Madi really seems to be taking to it. She's there from 8:30 til 12:30. We might add in a nap later, we might not. I mean, once Lily is going to school it won't really make sense to have to drive out again later in the afternoon to get Madi.

hahahahahaha I told Lily that I would protect her piece of chocolate cake for her. WHAT. A. FACE. She must know me well or something.

Let's see, today Madi got blueberries with her lunch and proceeded to throw them everywhere. When I came to get her the TA was sitting right next to her with her hands up, ready to catch blueberries. *snort*

She does well in circle time, as long as the teacher doesn't stop singing. We've noticed that she's vocalizing a lot more. Not words but different sounds and intonations. It sounds like she's trying to talk. Sorta.

I've been working on the back deck, trying to make it more of a peaceful oasis for me. When it's cool enough, Lily and I light the citronella candles and sit outside. Me with a big glass of wine.

I'll be honest - it's been a lot easier without Madi in the mornings. I know she's getting great care and she seems to like it. She's not grouchy or crazy. The only thing is that she doesn't sleep like anyone thought she would. Yesterday, she had one 20 minute nap and that was it until 10pm. I'm keeping her up later because we had that awful night when she went to bed at 9. She just doesn't need that much sleep!

And I need to take a pic of Madi's first day at the school photo. The teacher and the TA made them. It's so cute!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The deck looks so inviting. G-ma