Friday, August 28, 2009

Happy Talkie Talkie

I'm sure, like the doctor, no one believes me about Madilyn talking so I took a little video of her this morning fussing at the bouncy seat toys. She's been sleeping longer and longer stretches through the night. Unfortunately, all of the cats have been taking turns pounding on my door in the middle of the night. I can usually roll over and ignore them but I don't want them to wake up Madi. So I grab the sprayer and get ready to shoot water at them when I crack the door open. (hey, it's 2:30 in the morning) I had the sprayer backwards one time and Daphne shot in. Knowing her propensity for pooping on the floor I had to chase her around and under the bed to get her out of the room. THAT was GREAT fun.

M does kind of freak me out because she is so advanced. I hope I'm not sounding boastful. It's a little scary. She rolled onto her side when we were in the hospital, 24 hours after being born. It might mean nothing, and maybe it's just a fluke and she'll even out and be a normal kid. Or she might be hell on wheels challenging me to educate her and keep her out of things. You never know.

Lily? Has left the sofa intact for a day. She refused to eat her banana bread out of her hands and made me give her a plate and a fork. Sigh. She still has chocolate chips all over herself. Yes, I put chocolate chips in the banana bread, it's damn good. :) Also, I let Lily help me make it, which means that slightly fewer choco chips made it into the batter. :)

No comments: