Monday, September 23, 2013

Whoops

So, hunger and caffeine don't go together.  After making oatmeal for the second time (thanks oatmeal volcano in my microwave) I'm calming down a bit. 

I think that having a special needs kid can be stressful.  There are huge degrees of how a child's development can be affected.  And I would never compare them to each other.  Madi has a genetic deletion.  There's no getting around that.  But with therapy and school, she's gaining ground. 

My goal is to live the best life that I can with what I've got.  And what that means to me is, fixing what isn't working and letting the shit go that I can't control.  Neither of which is easy, by the way.

There isn't enough room in the kind sized bed for two kids and an adult anymore.  We need to move on that bunk bed quickly.  And we've been out to look at some but there's never exactly what we want or it's so expensive.  Pedro has things he's concerned about, I have mine.  But if life is going to get better, we need to move on that. 

I'm working on getting Madi that waiver.  I want to get both girls in a daycare.  It's doable, I just need to breathe and take one step at a time.  I think step #1 is nap. 

What?

No comments: