Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Whoops

I know I haven't been posting lately. We have a few problems at our house. Madi has started waking up in the middle of the night and keeping me up for hours. At first I thought that I had to get her to fall asleep on her own. Which sounds like an oxymoron but you know what I mean. But what happens is that M never manages to fall back asleep so after an hour and a half or two hours I finally take her to bed with me, where she proceeds to kick and whack me about the face with her fists, but eventually falls asleep. I bought a new sleep book hoping for answers but there are no answers for a baby that screeches in her sleep trying to figure out how to crawl.

So now, I give her 15 minutes and then take her to bed. Although, this morning she still kicked and punched for an hour. It's like the stuff she went through as a baby. Sigh. So I'm very tired and trying to keep up with the house and Lily and Madi... I'm doing okay and I've decided to do the best I can and that means taking M to bed with me so that I get SOME sleep. Well, the both of us. She needs it more than I! Maybe. She doesn't have to drive us anywhere. :)

What else? We're getting some new furniture on Thursday. Nothing too exciting but hey, it's new. I almost feel grown up. :) But in anticipation, I've been trying to clean the walls and the high high ceilings in the livingroom. Good thing my aim is decent. :) And I read one of my baby books that says she can eat more solids so I've upped her game. She had some pork and rice for dinner tonight. She had yogurt and some baby cookies for lunch, which she ADORED. It's nice because as I start to use more juice I use less formula and what a blessing that is on the checkbook!

Anyway, I'll try and write more in the future. When I actually start to get 7 or 8 hours of sleep a night. As it is, it's almost 8:30 and I can hardly keep my eyes open. SIGH

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

g-ma loves girls with stars in their eyes:):):)

Stacy said...

Aw, Lily is really starting to lose that toddler look and looking more grown up now! :)