Monday, February 8, 2010

Color me Ready

Well, I got more water and baby food today. If things look ugly tomorrow I'm making Pedro go to Lowe's to buy a generator. If they have any left. I was worried about being bored, but really without power, there's too much work to do.

And therefore, there was time to think. This is what I have learned from the most recent storm:

- Our water heater rocks. I had a hot shower Saturday morning, 8 hours after the power had shut off. Pedro had a luke warm shower Sunday morning.

- Our kitchen floor sucks. There was a leak from the ice cubes melting in the freezer and now our boards are sticking up. boo

- Gas powered grills are amazing. You can cook and heat up your water!

- Washing dishes with cold water is torture. And yes I had to wash because I only have so many baby bottles.

- Hot water is the best thing on earth.

- It's possible to survive power outages during sub-freezing weather you just have to get used to living in the same pants for 3 days.

- Battery powered dvd players are awesome.

- Cell phones are absolute life savers. And sorry about the bill, Pedro. (I found Netflix on my cell phone! But Pedro yelled at me)

- I need curtains or weather proofing stuff around all of my windows. In related news, I'm very glad that I did a lot of caulking last year.

- So, SO glad that I bought my pink rubber boots. I thought the purchase was frivolous at the time but really wanted them. I've worn them every single day for over a week.

That's all I can think of for now but you get the idea. There are some things that Pedro and I know we have to do that we weren't sure of before. It's nice to have clarity. Too bad it came at the expense of a power outage!

Hope everyone keeps safe and is ready for round 2.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a WOMAN :):) g-ma