Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Peace

Well, I heard a big boom and the lights went out this morning but then came back on. I think instead of power line 0, trees 698. We now have power line 1, trees 698. I saw something sparkling across the street and through the trees. Pedro said that I should call but please, what am I going to say? If someone lost power, they'll call quickly enough. I do!

So yesterday, I decided to make things a little more special. I was going to make pancakes and then I remembered that we still had strawberries. So I cut them up, sprinkled them with sugar and let them make their own juice. Then I made pancakes (from scratch, thanks). We had them with the strawberries, maple syrup and powdered sugar. Tah dah!
Lily loved it. But then I remembered that she loved pancakes when she was on the "inside" too. :) Pedro was a little jealous as he was at a class while we were getting our pancakes on. :) I put in more effort because of the winter blahs. We magically kept our power last night. Although, I had a bout of gastritis again and I didn't care if the roof fell in (but that's another story). We might lose our power today because of more snow, very wet ground and high winds. Sigh.

So, SO, tired of winter.

No comments: