Thursday, February 4, 2010

Il faisait beau...

It was a beautiful day today. The girls and I picked up Stacy and then headed to Barboursville Vineyard. On the way to Stacy's, I couldn't help but admire the blue sky and rolling snow covered hills. I really do live in a beautiful area. :) See what I mean? Blue sky, distant hills, red barns, sleeping grape vines. :) Oh and Stacy and Lily. ha! They went the long way around. I was willing to risk the snowy steps. Which were not that bad.

We were on our way to see horses! I promised Lily that she would get to see some. And that's all she talked about alllllllll the way there. Stacy used her wily charms on the left one (does he count as a pinto?) and got him up to the fence to see Lily. It took the both of us to foist a 3 year old up and over. I don't have the pics of Lily petting the house because I'm not sure how to import pics from Facebook. :)

So how many days exactly does it take couped up with your loved ones before you snap? Pedro is staying home from work tomorrow. I don't think that I can take it. That was one of the main reasons we went to the vineyard, aside from getting Stacy out of the house, I mean, to get me some wine! I think a slight buzz might help me get through snowmageddon without committing some kind of homicidal something. The girls would be fine. It's the other one. That sits there for hours at a time, playing online games.....

In other news, isn't there a definite red tinge to Madilyn's hair now? Side note: I typed "Madkilyn" the first time. I swear, I'm not going to go the Shining on anyone. What was that noise...?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day. g-ma

stacy said...

I would call him a 'paint'....so you got some pics too, cool! I didn't know if you had or not. :) I think you can just right click and save any pics from FB you want to...thanks again for getting me out of the house! Good thing we did too, I don't imagine I will be getting out anytime soon!