Monday, February 1, 2010

Jeesh

Well, it's been a fun filled last few days. :P Yes, we received a pretty decent amount of snow fall on Saturday. It was also quite cold which has made me realize we need some serious winter gear. I have a feeling it will sit in a box for years at a time, but I really needed some good quality gloves and coats yesterday. Usually when it snows here, the temperature stays around freezing. I think it was 19F on Saturday and Lily and I both froze up pretty quickly.

Then yesterday, as I was thinking about making my second cup of coffee, the power went out. And it was out all D*MN day. I couldn't take it anymore and got us all out the door for some hot dinner. The curry was yummy and by the time we got home, the power was back on. Of course today, I have piles of laundry and dishes to do. booo Oh and Pedro would like it if I could pretty please clear out the other side of the driveway. Let me think back to whom it was that dug us out the last time.... Oh wait! It was me! *grumble*

To make my life even more fun, the internet was off this morning. Oh, obviously it's back on now but some sort of implosion was imminent in my head. I know that my ancestors had to actually either grow their own food, or hunt it down and kill it so I'm slightly ashamed that one day stuck at home, one day without power and a half a day without the internet, almost brought me to my knees. I'm ever so grateful for my cell phone! And yes, Lily is standing up in the picture and the snow is to the bottom of her coat. We got a good amount of snow. I swear that just a mile or two away from us, they only got a few inches. Lucky, lucky me.


Why am I so grouchy today? Let me see. M woke me up at 1:30 this morning after refusing a bottle at 11:30pm. I got her another bottle but she kept me up until 3:30am. So I finally just brought her to bed with me and she proceeded to wake me up intermittently until 5:30am. Then Pedro decided to pound on the door at 7:30 for help outside. I think me slamming the door shut and going back to bed let him know how much help he was going to get out of me. I did manage to sleep from 7:30 til 8:30 when Lily woke me up with a discreet knock. And it really was discreet. I wasn't being sarcastic. :) Perhaps she was afraid to awaken the beast within. :)

1 comment:

stacy said...

We got more than just a few inches too! another foot! a FOOT! and more on the way today....whee doggies.