Tuesday, December 29, 2009

It's not the end of a decade

This is a pet peeve of mine. When you count something, do you start counting at zero? No, you start at 1. So the next decade will start with 2011. Do not make me come over there. Let's see. I became side tracked. Oh yeah, this is Lily and Madi snuggling in bed and watching cartoons this morning. I would sneak by and watch Lily cover M with her blanket and snuggle her. I feel so lucky that they are both so taken with each other.

I was worried about Lily. Why? Well, she did stab me in the belly with a ball point pen when I was pregnant. That seemed a good indication that she wasn't happy with a new baby coming. But M is so happy and easy going. I think if she took up more of my time by crying or being needy Lily might have more issues with her. I've honestly seen Lily walk up to Madilyn, wrap her arms around her, kiss her and nuzzle her head.

Of course, I'd like to take partial credit for setting such a good example. :) Lily still cracks me up. She can be such a good angel - like the one in the photo - and then throw a fit because I said hello to her. I know that's who she is and I tolerate it pretty well. Also, she is one very social butterfly. We were at Target on Sunday and she had to go and say hi to every kid that she saw. When I was checking out, she went and hung out with a family of four girls (ouch!). I knew where she was because she was glued to one little girl. Normally I don't let her out of my sight. Sorry mom with the four girls, I'm sure it was even more fun trying to get stuff onto the counter with five!

Anyway, Christmas was awesome. I put a lot of effort into prepping everything so that I could relax and enjoy our company more. I think that it worked out well. And we finally finished up the Christmas ham.

3 comments:

Stacy said...

*giggle* regarding the first part of the post. :)

And for sisters...wait until they hit 12 and 14 respectively!!! Then it'll change (trust me!). And then they will love each other and be close again once they get in their late 20s and start having their own families...

Anonymous said...

Warm heart, warm smiles warm food, beautiful table. Thanks for a delightful Christmas. g-ma

M'Lou said...

oops - this time I deleated it in error. It was a long derned message so that is it. Twice gone and so am I.