Thursday, December 10, 2009

A day without rain

I swear it has been raining here so much lately. We moved here in 1999, when there was a mild drought going on. In 2002, the drought was so bad that one town ran out of water and public restrooms had the taps turned off. It was gruesome. But this fall I have seen so much rain. It's good, right? But I'm just not used to the soggy ground. I'm such a baby. I'm from Vancouver! I'm supposed to have webbed toes. :) Pedro and Lily wore themselves out decorating the tree.

I'm still woefully unprepared for Christmas but I did make a wickedly good chicken pot pie last night. I starved myself most of the day (sorry for whining, Stacy) and so I had the WW points for it. It was so good. I've almost lost 10 pounds and I'm so proud of myself. I have a long way to go but at least I'm getting there. :) I was writing a quick email the other day, and Madilyn rolled herself all the way under the Christmas tree. You can see her smiling in the picture. She was dazzled by the lights. Aren't we all. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best ever Christmas gift. g-ma