Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Brains.....zzzzzzz

I am so tired today. Here's the deal: if I get Madilyn to bed at a decent hour, she tends to wake up at 5am to eat. SO, if she's inclined to be awake at a later hour, as she has been, I feed her at 11:30 and we go to bed and she sleeps through til 8 or 9am. Sweet, right? Well, yesterday I was growing tired of these late night shenanigans so I tried to get her to sleep earlier. And I did. She was in bed asleep by 10:30. Score! So who woke me up at 3:45am??? Granted she did have a poop, but after cleaning her up, I tried for an hour to get her back to sleep. I finally gave in and gave her a large bottle which she consumed rather quickly but then decided to serenade me for a while. I'm EXHAUSTED.

It's like, if I'm going to be sleep deprived, let me stay sleep deprived. Letting me get a few nights of good sleep then yanking the rug back out from under me, is extremely painful. In other news, M is loving her solids. I'm going to start making my own baby food soon. I like doing it because it saves money and I control what goes in there. There can mean the food or her stomach. :)

Yes, we have our Christmas tree decorated. It was a nice day. Granted, I was out battling idiotic Christmas shoppers to get my groceries but I (and they) survived. No, I'm still not ready for Christmas but then what is ready? We have our lovely tree, which we enjoy every day, and we have each other. Christmas cards may not make it out this year. I don't even have presents for the girls yet. (shhh don't tell!) I am looking forward to Christmas day with the family and hanging out. I think that's where my spirit is.

And is it just me, or does Madilyn have the most gorgeous blue eyes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No it is not just you g-ma