Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Hug a Zombie Today

I've come to a conclusion about Madilyn. She is one of those 5:30am let's get going babies. Nothing I do - keeping her up later, getting her to bed earlier, stuffing as much food in her face as I can - dissuades her from her predawn escapades. I've finally accepted that this will be my life for a little while so instead of making her adjust to us, I'm making an adjustment to her. I'm trying to get to bed a little bit earlier and making my coffee just a bit stronger. :)

Yes, Lily actually fell asleep with a drink in her mouth. Oh, and G-ma, Lily loves her Dora blanket. :) In other news, I think I've felt some very small sharp bumps on M's gums. All that gnawing is paying off. In other, other news, I ordered myself a Keurig coffeemaker. We use them at the spa and I like how you can make coffee, hot chocolate or tea with it. And almost instantaneously. Right now, I have to wait for the coffee to brew and then I have to wait for it to heat up on the warmer. If I wait too long then I get bitter coffee. Those of you who know me well, know that I am a bit of a caffeine junkie. :)

Anyway, I was going to get the coffee maker for my birthday but while researching them last night, I noticed that Target has a sale on so.... Oh and I wanted to say that I've noticed we all have a thing for Madilyn. Not in a weird way, but we all sort of compete for her smiles or her giggles. We fight over who gets to hold her. She's just a special sweet kid and we all want to interract with her. :) And yes, I will be using this photo for black mailing Lily in the future.

This is my favorite pic right now. I took it last night as we were all snuggling in bed. Sometimes I worry that Lily is just pretending to love her sister so that I won't keep on eye on her while she shaves her head. But I don't think that will happen. :)


Oh and I finally came up with a list of goals for 2010:

- Get to a skincare expo.

- Get to a dermatologist to get some things "taken care of".

- Get a Keurig coffee machine. Oh snap, I did that one.

- Get the house fixed up.

1 comment:

M'Lou said...

Cute picture of the two girls. And yes, you still need to keep an eye on Madilyn - not that I think Lily has any evil intents but you are the adult etc...etc...

A new coffee maker eh? Sounds alright. Enjoy your java.