Monday, September 14, 2009

Gym-craz-tics

See what I did there? I'm so witty. Lily attended her first gymnastics class today. I was right - she was all over it. I had to take her outside though because she blew a fuse when she had to wait to be allowed on the floor. She was better by the end of class. She started to understand that she had to wait her turn for things like the long trampoline. It was definitely challenging trying to watch her and hold M at the same time. But other ladies were doing it too.

Lily frequently took off for the forbidden areas. There's a pit of foam chunks (not sure what for) and another mom grabbed her right before she threw herself in there. *rolling eyes* The teaching assistant said it takes a few classes before the kids learn the routine. Lily was hysterical to watch. She had a GREAT time. There was music blasting and Lily was standing in front of the mirrors and shaking her butt. Which entertained another little girl who chased Lily around for a bit.

I got some exercise this morning too. When Lily was on the move, I was on the move and she was ALWAYS on the move. whew Madilyn was a champ. I held her most of the time. She kind of missed out on breakfast because I had to drive Pedro to work (long story) so we had to hurry back out to Fluvanna for gym class. I recognized some other moms there but this is not a class for chit chat. I'm hoping to make friends with a mom with the baby so we can take turns watching the kids and watching the babies. If that makes sense. Like for the first half of class, I'd watch the babes and she'd chase after Lily and her kid. Then we'd switch. Although it's in a very remote location (at the back of a golf course) I don't like leaving M by herself for 45 minutes in the stroller. I guess we'll figure something out. I think daddy can go to work late on Mondays and take Lily to class.....

No comments: