Friday, September 11, 2009

Fun

It is a beautiful day here in central VA. Went to Carter's mountain to pick some apples (and eat some apple donuts). So beautiful out. We didn't stay too long. Madilyn was with us and decided 15 minutes into apple picking that now, NOW, she was hungry. Oh well. I went back to the car and left Lily to pick apples with Stacy. Lucky Stacy. :)

Hopefully, we can go back again with daddy and g-pa. Oh and after we picked apples, we headed on over to Michie Tavern for fried chicken. Lily was pretty well behaved the whole time. I was impressed. She crashed on the way home so I'll have to tell her when she wakes up. :) The only drawback to the day was our lazy server. She never checked on us once and I had to go to the buffet area and ask for an extra biscuit please. You get your first plate yourself, but they're supposed to get you everything else once you've sat down. She did not get a big tip.

Yesterday, was my mom's birthday. I thought about her and what the world was like for her as a baby and what life was like for my grandmother to have her first child. I miss them both. I know my mom would've adored both girls. When we were leaving Michie Tavern today, a man seated at a table with a loud toddler asked me, how do you keep them so quiet? I didn't answer because I didn't have an answer. They are the way they are, and mine are pretty fabulous. :)

2 comments:

stacy said...

Yeah that server was only interested in the men-folk. :-P I hate that...

LzyMom said...

Well, I waved at the cow at least 3 times. Should I have mooed?