Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sleep in!

Lily and I slept in until 9am this morning (Saturday). And in case I don't catch them, please excuse any typos. I'm on glass of wine #3. Why? Cuz I spend a whole lot of my time working on the house, which gives me extra WW points, which means I can spend them. :) It's also just nice to kick back and relax once in a while. :)

Anyway, Miss Lily has been a trip lately. Besides being in imminent danger of being renamed "No-no pants", Lily has decided that she is part mountain goat and must climb up everything. I can tell when she's pleased that she has both of our attentions. So I'm making a concerted effort to come to her with attention (boo!) so she doesn't feel the need to seek it by doing bad stuff. Did that make sense? Anyway, it does help. We communicate more. I get nods now, as well as shakes of the head. Lily calls anything remotely cat shaped "Riley". She doesn't call me mommy but she calls the brass rubbing of a griffyn "Riley". Thanks, kid.

The house? We, well, I have been trying to finish things. Holy carp (oops) does it take a long time. I think I've got all the holes filled in and sanded and boo-ya, I find a strip that needs the nails banged in more. GAH! I just cannot believe how long it's taking. Granted, I didn't do this with a 20 month old running around before. I can't paint some of the house when she's awake so I get a small margin of time when I can do it. blah Yes, she got a cupcake today. I wanted one SO badly. The bakery had a $30 minimum (really???) so in addition to my 3 cupcakes (one for each) I had, HAD, to buy a raspberry drip cake. It has melted chocolate melted over the top. It's a black bottomed cake (southerners will know that one) with raspberry cream top and filling. I'm guessing it's about 1000 WW points. :) If any of y'all are in the hood, come on over for a slice and admire my amazing paint job!

Wait. That didn't sound right....

No comments: