Tuesday, July 8, 2008

one week

I can't believe it's almost been a week since I wrote about Lily!!! We worked on the house during the holiday weekend, and we had some wonderful company yesterday, so I've been busy. Today Lily and I had a wonderful 3 hour nap. Well, I didn't actually sleep as long as she did. I'm sure she didn't have someone kicking her in the back.... I caught Lily and BG snoozing away together. :)

Let's see. I've lost 9 pounds on WW so far. (bows to applause). It hasn't been easy and I'm getting used to operating with low blood sugar. I'm surprised I painted straight over the weekend I was so dern dizzy. I think it will be an interesting challenge once I get below a certain weight and use fewer points for the day... I can't remember, did I mention that Lily is used to the gym again? So I can go during the week?

You know what makes me sad? Knowing that I've lost weight but I'm still fat. Like, I want to strut a bit, "look at me, I'm in my tight shorts and they aren't tight!", kind of thing but then I look in the mirror and I'm all, oh. I'll get there, if I stick to WW. It's amazing how well it works. For me. I'm sure some people have tried it and hated it. Actually, I do sort of hate it. It's the hate that keeps me going. :)

Well, I have a scary exam this week so I'm going to go and study. I'll try to update, but I make NO promises. I have to go learn the difference between sodium lauryl sulfate and sodium laureth sulfate. Why did I think beauty school would be easy???

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on the exam! I wonder if I'll have exams for my classes?! EEP. Happy thoughts happy thoughts...when I first saw Lily's 'antlers' I thought they looked like butterfly wings. :-D And good for you for losing that much! Um, and the difference is the 2nd word in one ends in 'yl' and in the other ends in 'eth'? Put that on your exam and see what the teacher says. Always glad to help! :-P (stacy)

LzyMom said...

I'm getting Lily practiced for Christmas. I think she'll make a cute reindeer, no? :)