Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ow

My surgery went okay yesterday. But thank heaven for percocets. My toe isn't too bad, it certainly isn't throbbing the way it does after an ingrown toenail removal. But it itches a little where the stitches are and so I flex the toe and the stitches are over the knuckle so... OW Check out Lily's hair. I've trimmed it a little myself but I wonder when I'll have to take her to get a real haircut?

I feel badly for Lily as she's been stuck with me for almost 3 weeks now. At least Pedro took her around to different places and played with her. He said that at the mall, she would make people move out of her way. He tried to get her to move and she'd say "no!". Thankfully, people were laughing but that's only going to be funny for so long. Especially since she is tall for her age, people are going to think she's a pretty bratty 4 year old when she's not even 2. You know?

Right now I am trying to get her to sleep. I can only have baths for 10 days (as if) and I know I'm not going to be able to get out of the bath quickly if something happens to Lily so... and I smell, so... Having the surgery was slightly inconvenient but the growth was starting to itch and cause discomfort at the joint. It was time for that sucker to go. I did get really nervous in the operating room. And those dern machines told on me. Sigh.

I love these shoes but I didn't pay attention to them when I bought them. One is a size 6 and the other a size 8. They were attached with the plastic thingie. Caveat emptor, people. They were $2.97 so I don't feel TOO cheated. Anyway, I can't take it anymore so I think I'm going to lock Lily in the bathroom with me. Wish me luck!

No comments: