Thursday, July 31, 2008

Cheating

on WW. I'm eating Smartfood white cheddar popcorn and it tastes sooooooo good! I think I wanted to post a few times but something else always pops up. I've been distracted by some personal things. I didn't really have time to deal with my dad's death when it happened. I remember that I was busy with taxes for two countries and trying to fill out forms for student loans. But now there's some quiet in my life (only a little!) and the thoughts that he's really gone are coming up. The people who raised me are gone. It makes me really really sad.

In Lily news... I was singing a nursery rhyme today and she was repeating what I sang. I know she didn't know what it meant but good for her. :) She had a doctor's appointment yesterday and although she's gained weight she is a skinny minny. She's in the 25th percentile for her height. Pedro reminded me that he was thin growing up and I really was. She's happy and healthy and that's what counts. :)

I do feel like I'm having some discipline issues with her. I put her butt in timeout four times yesterday. I don't get mad but I try to be consistent. I'm also trying to get Pedro to be consistent. Lily's been sleeping more and more in "her" bedroom. We sleep together at night. "our" bed is atrocious. There's such a pit in it now. Anyway, I'd like to get furniture for Lily and get us a new bed. Soonish. Lily actually (wait for it) put herself to bed tonight. Crazy, I know. I don't think she's getting enough sleep because she waits for me to get home, but she's been doing it for a while. Maybe she's okay with it???

Anyway, Lily would like y'all to know the proper way to sleep on a bed. Goodnight!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Life continues now Lily has a beautiful Mom and a great Dad to carry on. The baton has been passed down and you two are doing a great job.
Sarah