Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Toodles

Oh man.  I don't know if I'm coming down with something again, or what but I feel like crap.  I slept in and I didn't even care.  Usually, I'll bust my ass trying to get the girls to school but I didn't NOT care today.  I think I have a sinus infection, which sucks, but also my energy is like -1. 

I am excited about tonight, though.  I'm taking Lily to a Girl Scout orientation.  I thought she might like it but as I was telling her about my experiences in the Girl Guides (Canadian version) I realized just how much I learned from them.  I went camping so many times and learned how to put up my own tent and make my own fire.  I remember one time we camped out on the beach and it was a little wet so the leaders put plastic sheeting under us and over us.  And there we were falling asleep, listening to the waves pounding on the sand not 20 feet from where we were laying AND the stars so bright above us.  It's something I'll never forget.  :) 

So, no pressure Lily.  LOL! 

And Lily did have a great riding lesson on Sunday.  She was adamant about quitting and then just had a great lesson.  Funny how that works, huh? 

Madi... Oh Madi.  She has been talking more.  She's been saying "ma ma ma ma ma".  Not to me, necessarily but it's a good start.  We were watching a show last night and a character on the show was talking and I hear "Uh huh" beside me.  As if she was commenting. It cracked me up.  And she was a little busy bee last night.  The lights were out in the house but she kept on roaming around.  Brought me a cushion from the living room, then a book from Lily's room.  She's really starting to explore and interact.  Unfortunately, she's also still pulling her hair out. 

Well, I need to get moving.  We were supposed to get groceries on Sunday.  And it's now Tuesday so it's do or die time.  *eyes*

Hope everyone has a good week. 


No comments: