Wednesday, October 3, 2012

OMFG

Okay, so Madi has missed two days of school due to a high fever.  And you know how much I love having the kids at home. 

O.o

So, last night Madi took forever to fall asleep.  Really.  I turned all the lights out and she was sitting in the dark, flipping the pages of a book and talking to herself.  She did this from about 10 til 11pm.  She finally settles down to sleep and I'm all yippee and shit, then I hear WHOMP as Lily falls out of my bed. 

And starts crying.

Which I don't begrudge her, I'll bet it hurt.  But she wouldn't STOP crying or screaming or yelling.  For an H.O.U.R.  She kept everyone up.  I finally got her to eat some cereal and she fell asleep.

whew

So I manage to get up this morning, almost on time, and get everyone ready for school but just as we're about to leave, Lily barfs.  Well, she has to come with me to drop off Madi at school.  Where she barfs again - in the bushes. 

We get to Madi's class and her teacher sends her home because the rule is you take your kid in 24 hours after the fever has broken.  Which I figured was open to interpretation. 

What?

We make it home and discover that Brewster has eaten the baby gate to the living room.  It was a cheap wooden one from WalMart.  Wood pieces everywhere.  o.O 

SO....

I'm getting the wood up off of the floor and trying to figure out what to do (Lily barfs again) and while I'm doing that, Madi's getting a hold of a juice box in my room, which she proceeds to spray over herself, the wall, the table and my bed.

Do you see where my day's going?

Oh and you know, I have diarrhea now too.  I'm too afraid to eat or drink in case I start barfing.  And of course, Madi is feeling better and running around.

And don't be down on Brewster.  With Madi home all week, he hasn't had a good long walk or even a trip to the dog park so he's out of sorts too.  An 8 month old lab puppy stuck in the house?  Not good.

On the bright side, a stomach virus will help me lose some weight.  I also haven't been to the gym all week.  I really wanted to go this morning.  Sigh.  Okay, well I"m starting to get cold and clammy.  And I only have a sick 5 year old and full of energy 3 year old to care for.  I'm so glad we have Netflix.

1 comment:

Jacki Harris said...

Sigh. Sorry things are so shitty. No pun intended. XO