Thursday, October 25, 2012

So

 Gosh, where did we get to?  Let's see. Madi hasn't been sleeping all week which means that I have been sleeping in. So I took a pic of Lily at the bus stop this morning.  Yes, we made it!  lol  Ah life.  She has been looking so much older and I SWEAR she grew an inch in a month.  It's just what I've recorded on the study walls but according to my measurements it looks like she grew over an inch.  o.O

What else?  hmmm  Lily's still doing well in school.  No more crying.  :)  Oh and her hair?  She wants to grow it out so yes, she looks like an English sheepdog.

My brain is just not working.  Let's skip on to the good stuff.





 Shadow is the biggest horse that Mandy has and for some reason he LOVES Madi.  He follows her around.  She was playing by the fence and he was far away in his paddock.  So I called his name.  He looked at me and wasn't impressed so I told him "come and see your baby."  He came right over to wuffle on Madi's head.  I swear, it's so funny.  :)

I mean, irritating too because I've given that horse mint after mint and he still prefers her.  hmpf

Oh and running around after her for 90 minutes was fun too.  Mandy had to help Lily groom the pony.  And that's easier for her too.  She can reach more of the pony than she can a horse. 



So yes, the big news.  As if it's not obvious.  Lily got to handle the reins today.  Mandy made sure that Lily was comfortable riding before she did that.  Lily was doing a great job getting in to her positions.  I TOLD her P.E. would help her ride.  hmpf  So when it was obvious that Lily hadn't lost any skills (and in fact, seemed to be riding better), Mandy let her try riding off of the lunge line.  She did great.  She had to turn the pony, who was getting a little sleepy, which meant she had to give it a squeeze with her heels to get her going again.  It was a great lesson.  I was so proud of her and Mandy was proud of her too.

I did ask Lily if she wanted to go to a horse show and she said she didn't want to hurt people's feelings by winning. 

Well I'm glad she's not cocky about it.

No comments: