Friday, February 17, 2012

phew

Well, it's Friday so I guess we made it. It was a close thing though. I didn't get Madi to school until 9:30. I just had no motivation. Didn't get up until 8:30 which is when we usually leave. But Madi's school is more flexible because they do have such young children, and Lily didn't have school today.

But she did have her first official lesson! Mercy.

We both learned what brushes do what on a horse. She brushed the lower part, I did the upper part. I think I get the better end of the deal. *snicker* We learned more about tack, since it is different then the western stuff that I'm used to.

The owner Mandy, promised us that the horse we were working with was super sweet. Well, he was a stinker for us! lol He took off after we put him in the paddock and rolled around in the dirt. Then he'd come over to us, turn around and run away as fast as he could, digging up clumps of mud and poop and sending them our way. The second time he did it, I turned around and covered my head. They were BIG clumps. Stink face.

But we had fun. It is a showing/competition barn so it isn't like you just show up and mozy around on horseback. There is a riding ring set up for jumps, etc. Lily really liked it and more importantly, did well, I think. I'm sorry, a 50lb little girl leading a horse big enough for me to ride? That's pretty good.

Madi is still being a honey badger.

I am so sore. I had a training session last night and I asked Barb the trainer to set something up to help me with the Mud Warrior Race. Well, it occurred to me last night while I was doing guy pushups and planks that we must be crazy to pay people to be mean to us. She didn't make me do the whole thing, just showed me what I need to do. 50 pushups. F.I.F.T.Y. guy pushups. 100 situps, not crunches. I only did 30 yesterday and my abdomen is on fire. I climb up on a bar and see how long I can hang (1 second is my record, :p). Oh yeah, and my favorite, squats on the squishy ball. It's like half of a exercise ball. It's to help with my balance and agility. And there's more but I won't bore you.

She said I could get through the race in the shape I'm in now (purr) but to do well, I'll need to do those other things. Sigh. And I'm not really complaining. I'm proud of myself for losing weight and getting in shape. I could just sit on my ass. I don't think I'm the most fit that I've ever been but I'm getting there. :)

And yes, that's the horse that we spent 20 minutes brushing, rolling in the dirt as soon as he got loose. I think he might be a match for Madi.

No comments: