Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Old dogs and new tricks, etc.

So Madi's teacher told me that Madi was making sounds at snack time again. It almost sounds like psh, psh, psh. Then it dawned on her that Madi was asking for goldfish. So she gave her some and voila! Happy baby.

I swear. That's not a dig at anyone. Madi just operates on a different wavelength than the rest of us, or most of us, and it's hard to connect with her.

I have rigged up a step stool for her so she can get on and off the bed and she's not supposed to, but on and off of my dresser as well. She LOVES the autonomy she has now and especially loves sitting in front of the dresser mirror "talking" to herself. Janice, her teacher, said that Madi didn't eat much today because she was too busy looking at herself in her teacher's glasses. LOL! She's gaining more awareness and interest in the outside world and that is awesome.

What else? I've lost 37 pounds and I'm damn proud of myself. Twenty-three to go. Sigh.

No comments: