Saturday, July 23, 2011

Wow

I'm still tuckered out. I guess I thought I'd be doing a lot better by now. I still need to take painkillers, though way less than when I first got home. And everyday, I find that I have a period where I just need to sit.

I'm not good at sitting. I mean, I'm good at sitting, but not the kind of sitting where you can't get up. I'm trying to figure out if that makes sense.

Blame the vicodin.

Anyhoo, life goes on. I'm still glad that everything worked out with the surgery: that whole day was one fluke to another. :) I'm so glad that my doctor sent me straight to the hospital. I mean, he looked really thoughtful about it, like maybe he wasn't sure and being cautious was the better way to go.

When I got there they said I was the third appendix person to show up in an hour. wheee doggies! It still cracks me up that I was in high heel wedge shoes. I didn't know I'd be going to the hospital. So that's what I had to prance around in, in the emergency room. lol

Ah well.

In other news, I'm really looking forward to the next time we go to Yorktown. G-ma has said she'll make soap with me! Pedro has some skin issues and can't use regular soap, like Dial, etc. He can only use the $5 a bar french-milled soaps. Needless to say, we can't afford his soap requirements. Sarah's soaps are free of all the yucky additives and Pedro doesn't have any reactions to them. So... we'll have some soap and I'll get an idea if it's something I want to do on my own. I know it's not super expensive to make soap but I want to get an idea of the equipment that I'll need.

Anyway, it's almost noon and the big dawg needs to get up. Wish me luck....

No comments: