Saturday, July 24, 2010

So

I was trying to think of a cool title and you can see that I failed. I try to post but it's been really hard here lately. I don't get a lot of sleep (still) and now that Madi is crawling, I have to keep after her. Boy, she is a pistol. I can't put her in her crib anymore because she cries (thinking of just taking it apart) and so we put her on the floor while we go about our business. She doesn't like being left behind so she yells and stomps down the hall after us. She's followed Pedro right into the shower. :)

Madi still wakes me up at night. She's used to falling asleep in her high chair or on me, so it's hard for her to fall asleep anywhere else. But I try very hard to keep up a bedtime routine so at least she knows what's coming once she's had a bath and a story. It took me two hours to get her to sleep the other night. Only one hour last night. It's hard, y'all. I don't have a lot of time for me and it's making me grouchy!

I know this time will pass but I'm quite sure that I won't be missing this in 20 years time. I feel lucky in that way. :) Oh and it was funny this week when I went to the gym. Madilyn had chased her daddy into the shower again and was crying away. I thought, I'm not going to make it 5 minutes at the gym. But she took a look at the toys and the kids and I was chopped liver. Which was in direct contrast to Lily who cried the first half dozen times that we went there. Sigh.

Anyhoo, it's already quite late on a Saturday morning and I need to get some things done. This is a pic that I took a few minutes ago of Madi. The mess around her mouth? Peanut butter. :) Her hair? A mess from butting me in the back all night. She is getting better about getting back to sleep on her own so small steps.... or head butts.

No comments: