Friday, April 30, 2010

My Day

Started ?, ended? at 12:30am when I finally got Madi to sleep. She proceeded to fuss and kick most of the night - not sure why. Pedro came in a 8:30 to abuse me to wakefulness.

Around 11, the girls and I headed out. We stopped at the UPS store first to return some shoes. Then, while stopped in road construction, Lily proudly informs me that she has to go pee.

So after a nail biting drive into Charlottesville, we get to the ice cream store that was the closest thing I could think of that would have a bathroom. They did, thankfully, so Lily relieved herself and we got some ice cream.

Ten minutes later, Lily informs me that she has to barf. After a few panicked moments, I emptied out the other bag for returns (appropriate, no?) and she put the whole thing over her head at my behest. After a few minutes and an open window, the urge passed. So on we went.

Next stop, CosmoProf for some Lily shampoo and hard wax. It was okay except for Lily trying to electrocute herself.

Next stop, the mall to return a shirt and buy a hat for the garden party this weekend. We were a while in Belk. While I was trying on different hats and keeping track of which ones fit on my big head, Lily was spinning the stroller around to entertain Madi. Until, that is, she flipped the whole thing over and Madi landed face first on the carpet. Everything went over: Madi, the stroller, my purse, etc. I threw the hats in the air and righted Madi. She had a little red spot on her head but otherwise was fine. I fussed at Lily who then commenced to cry all over everything and I had to buy the hat that was the wettest.

So, next stop....

I did see if the Gap would exchange children. He said something about the value not being equal. Oh well, I tried.

Next! Chick-Fil-A which had a ridiculously long line for the drive-thru. So we went in. I had a jar of food for Madi, which she inhaled but she also quite liked the fries. So after a leisurely sort of lunch...

Onto Sam's Club. Lily's feet were hurting by then so I had to put everyone in the cart. We also had to use the restroom so Lily got some more practice. Mercy. Sam's Club was pretty fast because I had the biggest trouble maker contained. Which gave me time to stock up on some wine. phew

Then onto Whole Foods, which I guess was pretty quiet. No one was dumped on their head and oh yeah, Lily did get fussed at for poking the meat. Why do children do that???

Then home, where I ran the perishables into the house before going to the farm for veggies.

Farm. Lily was asleep, Madi was happy, and there was no line. I might have (MIGHT) done the YWCA dance while waiting for them to bring me my bag. But it was almost 6 hours after we had left home so I felt like celebrating. That we were almost done, I mean.

So here I am. 5:30pm and hoping that my wine has chilled......

2 comments:

stacy said...

Oh no! LOL! So Lily was being a little terror. :) Hope you got some good wine!

LzyMom said...

I think, at that point, any wine was good wine. :) And that wasn't even a bad day.