Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Okay

So, here's what's going on. Try to keep up. I'm not working at the moment and I'm glad because it was kind of hairy trying to getting any time to relax or do anything. But I'm worried about keeping up my skills so that I can work in a year or two. I decided that practicing on friends and family would be a good way to keep up with things. So then I discovered, these things for facials are expensive, beds, products, etc. I wonder if I could write them off if I had a business? And what if I did a facial on someone and they had a reaction and sued me? I'd need insurance too. Unsure of what to do next, I called a lawyer who answered a lot of my questions but gave me some homework too. A business is a great way to protect myself from indemnity (if someone sues me they can only get the assets from the business - a massage table and some products! instead of my house) and after calling the home owner's association, I'm allowed to have a business in my home as long as no one can tell from the outside. AWESOME!

It's not too expensive to get started. Now I'm stuck with just a few more things to iron out, like what to call myself. No rude suggestions, please.

And if I decide in a few years, to work out of a spa or salon, then having my own business will look good on my résumé! It's not going to happen too soon but at least things are moving in the right direction. :)

It took so much courage for me to make that phone call - I can't even describe it. But I was so tired of sitting around wondering and ruminating. Knowledge is power!

Oh and in the future I might have to take a full-time job for insurance but I can always do my skincare thing on the side. So having my own business is an awesome idea!!!

** Also, I don't think I missed out on anything, do you? I thought about this upside down and inside out for months. **

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Madi and Lily g-ma