Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I cannot move my levator labii superiorus

Yes, I am learning muscles of the face and head and arms and hands, for class. GAH I feel my brain turning into mush. Or perhaps it was already that way and now I'm finding out. I'm good on the bones, they seem to have simpler names. Yes, Lily actually put her "baby" on a garbage can and then covered it with a blanket so it could nap. It was pretty cute of her. Anything soft that she can hug is "baby". This morning she said " c'mere Riley". Which really, is pretty close to how I say, with my little accent. Little. I said the word hair as "hai-er" the other day. I was so proud.

Lily, up to no good in the kitchen. She's been opening drawers lately and although the tired part of me (the big part) would like to just close off the kitchen, I know it's important to teach her to keep out of things instead of just keeping her out. Did that make sense? I'm scratching my temporalis. :P Lily has a love affair with the cat food. At least she doesn't do like her daddy did and put it in the toilet to soften it up first. Oh, she's doing a lot better at the gym. She has a good ole time now. She walks in there like she's Norm from Cheers. Although she has to do the name yelling part. :)

There was an orange cat from next door in front of my steps today. I've come home to him stretched out on my steps sunning himself, while my cats freak out. I almost got a pic of them all this morning but as I was struggling with the thing to turn off the flash (all operator error, I assure you) he casually strolled away. Cats. Sigh. Anyway, I guess I should go and either learn more muscles or make Lily nap with me. I have put up a baby gate to her room, and let her play while I napped. It's hard being a parent. No one tells you how you're supposed to do all the things you used to, plus all the parenting stuff. And I'm in school. ACK Soon, she'll be off to school and I'll wonder what to do with all of my time. Right? :)

No comments: