Saturday, October 5, 2013

That's not my name...

Don't call me the maid.  I hate that.  I just spent 2 hours, TWO HOURS, vacuuming and steam cleaning the carpets.  Yes, they needed it.  Why did I do this?  Because Pedro and the girls are in Yorktown and I can do this stuff without being interrupted or yelled at (Madi).  Okay, Brewster brought me a lot of things.  When I don't have a roll of toilet paper in the bathroom I'll know who to thank.

So, holy crap, I have a night/day to myself.  What did I do?  Laundry, dishes, carpets.  I just felt too guilty sitting down and doing nothing.  Don't get me wrong, I was catching up on Supernatural on Netflix.  But I paused it and cleaned up.  I couldn't do nothing when the opportunity to do SOMETHING was there.  Madi doesn't like it when she can't get to me.  So she throws fits when I hang up clothes in Lily's room, or put dishes away in the kitchen.

We are working on this but in the meantime, it's a pain in the ass.



Ahhh Benny from Supernatural.  Okay, I can continue.

I get that other people have to clean their houses.  Some may get more or less help than me.  I think in the past I've wished not to do this or grumbled about waiting for when this ends.  But let's be honest.  It's not going to end.  I know, I was shocked too.  My new thing is instead of wasting time complaining, let's fix this shit.  I was thinking about a chart to make Lily so that she can earn an allowance.  If it's too hard for her to keep her room clean, then she needs more drawers and/or less stuff.  Let's do it.

I wish I hadn't got Brewster, because he does add to my workload.  And no, I'm not hanging his ass outside to live.  We don't roll like that.  He's a member of the family or he's not.  And he's curled up beside me on the floor so it's not like he has it really bad.  :)  Really badly?  I need to go back to school.

Anyhoo, I did sleep nine hours.  Nine freaking hours!  It was incredible.  I find, though, when I get sleep I'm more aware of how tired and sore I really am.  When I'm operating on a skeleton crew of neurons, which is most of the time, most of my resources are focused on keeping me moving.  Does that make sense? 

I'm feeling very productive because I'm updating the blog while I'm on hold for US Cellular.  ha!

I do feel overwhelmed a lot of the time.  There's so much to do.  The trim in the hall needs another layer of paint.  I need to clean the dog stink off of the wall (he rubs on it and discolors it?).  OMG I just looked ahead at the mess of my desk.  LOL  Forget I said anything.  Good grief.




No comments: