Monday, October 7, 2013

New Normal?

So today was my first day of work in seven years. Yes, being a mom is very busy, but no one cares if you do the laundry at 2am or 2pm. So this took some planning and preparedness. Pedro leaves early and gets home early to get the girls off the bus. Tonight he started dinner. Well, made dinner.

I guess I should give myself a pat on the back for planning things and/or consider the fact that I didn't work until 930. Getting there by 9 tomorrow should be different.

Am I making sense? I'm a little distracted. Lunches are ready for tomorrow and coffee is prepped. Whee doggies.

So this whole employment thing is an ego boost I needed. Yes, I could go out find a job, organize my life and make it there on time. Yes I know, kids will be sick and there will be appointments we have to make. But, for the most part, I did it. I'm extremely proud of myself. It's intimidating after so many years off.

This is the first step in my goal to take over the universe. :)

No comments: