Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Five?

A selfie on the way to Quay.
Great day, does this trip ever end?  hahahahaah 

That's my awake at 5:45am humor.  Thanks, Madi.  I am extremely glad that I went to bed early last night.

Anyhoo, onto the story...

Darling Harbour. Pretty no?  Where the aquarium is.
So I screwed up and put day 4 and 5 together. I've been travelling over 24 hours now and I'm a little off my game.




Yes, that is a platypus butt.
Friday we had a spa appointment so we just lounged around the house until it was time to go. I'm still sore from that massage but it's a good sore. It was a nice way to work out the kinks from so much traveling. Then Friday night we met up with Rob and Jose again at an Indian restaurant. It was good. I guess really good but I sort of missed the crappy Indian food that Liz and I used to get.



She seriously spoiled me. I chose pasta for dinner on the plane and I thought "could it be more overcooked?" The whole Quay thing just... If I wasn't a fussy pain in the ass before going to Australia....



The dugong did a roll in front of us.  Only four in captivity and two are at the Sydney aquarium. 
We did drink the bottle of red that I brought with me. It was a Barbera Reserve 2006 from Barboursville vineyards. I sat on it a few years (not literally) and it was just lovely.



How cute is that face?
Anyway, Saturday morning, Liz went out and got us some more bread (seriously, she spoiled me) and we had some Nutella and freshly baked spelt bread. It's almost like cake. Healthy, cake. We got to the airport and after waiting with me, we said our goodbyes. *sniffle* She told me to hang onto some AUD because of the shopping at Sydney and I thought, yeah yeah, it's an airport.



It was behind glass and I still almost messed my pants.
Holy shit. It's like a damn mall in the airport. It's phenomenal. I got more perfume and a sheepskin pillow. Totally unrelated purchases. They had sheepskin rugs for cheap but as much as I loved mine growing up, I know it won't survive the girls or Brewster so I erred on the side of caution and just got a pillow cover. It's lovely don't get me wrong.



My new bestie.
OMG Just the stores and wares available. Incredible.



On that note, the sun is going down and I have about an hour til I arrive in Richmond. Yay!

No comments: