Monday, July 1, 2013

Day 3 something

Wow.  Quay.  Words may not even suffice.  It was amazing.  I've been to several fine restaurants in my life but that was like a whole nother level.  Is nother a word?  It looks weird.

They were having chardonnay but I am not a huge chardonnay fan so I asked if the sommelier could recommend wine to accompany each course.  Look lunch was hideously expensive adding another $100 on to get wine help was not exactly going to shift the cheque that much.  Anyway, he was amazing.  Amazing.  We were talking about the food a lot afterwards but honestly, for me, it was about the wine.  I was the only one to have 8 textured chocolate cake for dessert and he paired a red with it.  It was 17% alcohol, a red wine fortified with brandy.  It's called Claude Cortois.  It was extrodinary.  Paired with the cake it was like crossing dimensions. 

When you go for a culinary experience like that... it is about the sensations and not the quantity of food or how many condiments you get.  I can't describe what I mean, actually. But it was fun.

The sommelier ran away when I asked him if he was single. 

No really.

Alright, well let's get to the pictures, shall we? 

My room in chicago.

View from Liz's kitchen.  Note ocean between trees.

This one is for Stacy.  She wanted to see a hot Australian guy.  Cheers

 Picture of Harbour bridge from somewhere.  Some park on the way to Watson's Bay.
City of Sydney with harbour bridge.

Me and Margaret.  :)

Liz's sister, Anne and I.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a trip. I hope you enjoy the time you have left. I also hope this comment goes through so you know I have been checking your blog.

Love you, M'Lou